Monday, March 20, 2023

 People that Helped me in my Journey to become a Grafted-In Citizen of Israel

 Zola Levitt








Zola Levitt Ministries played a huge part.  Zola was a Messianic Jew, and his show was televised weekly.  (We sat in a table next to his when we visited in Israel! )  His teaching were wonderful!  This ministry continues today, even decades after his passing. Home | Zola Levitt Ministries 

I especially loved his play called Beloved Thief, which aired in 3 parts.  (17) Beloved Thief, Part 1 - YouTube  (17) Beloved Thief, Part 2 - YouTube  (17) Beloved Thief, Part 3 - YouTube

Merv and Merla Watson            Barry and Batya Segal

Seeing Merv and Merla Watson and Barry and Batya Segal in a Messianic Praise service  in Odessa, DE, with our Pastor, Jake Keele, in the early 1980s. It was the most anointed praise music I had ever experienced.  I bought 4 cassettes that night, someone with a very limited budget.  They still are active in worship, now in Israel.  'God is bringing the Christians back' - The Jerusalem Post (jpost.com)  About | Barry & Batya Segal Music (barryandbatyasegal.com)  

Irvin Horseman











My husband’s beloved High School friend, Irv Horseman, from Chance, MD, was greatly involved in Messianic Judaism.  He became a congregational leader at a Messianic Congregation in Owings Mills, MD, Rosh Pina.  He was the first to teach me the Hebrew alphabet using the Hebrew Prayer book, Shalom Aleichem, by Noah Golinkin.  With his assistance, we began having Passover Celebrations in our home, his home, and even at a local community hall, etc.  We’ve been celebrating Passover since the 1980s.

Shalom Aleichem by Noah Golinkin
















Shalom Aleichem: Learn to Read the Hebrew Prayerbook (English and Hebrew Edi... 9780884826965 | eBay

Boneh and Susan Sofer

Irv and I both took Hebrew lessons from a wonderful Israeli couple, Boneh and Susan Sofer, who were innkeepers at the Snow Hill Inn, MD, while Boneh attended UMES to get a degree In Hotel and Restaurant Management.  I was hired at the Inn as a ‘chef’ and prepared meals for lunch for the guests and lunch crowd.  Afterward, Susan would teach me how to prepare some of her favorite Israeli meals.  We became very close friends. They returned to Israel and Boneh passed after a battle with cancer.  His memory is a blessing.

 









First Fruits of Zion - Torah Club








First Fruits of Zion published an excellent weekly Torah Study publication called The Torah Club, that help me to greatly understand Adonai's plan for His people to keep His commandments and to walk in His ways, called The Torah Club, which continues unto this day.

FIRST FRUITS OF ZION (ffoz.org)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for posting this! I enjoyed reading about your journey and I intend to look into the First Fruits of Zion club. You, Pat, would be one of the folks listed on my journey were I to write one. Thank you for your continuing support and encouragement.

    ReplyDelete