Wednesday, February 29, 2012

A response to Bronnie Ware's list of the top five regrets of the dying.


I just read about Bronnie Ware's list of the top five regrets of the dying she noted during her time spent as a nurse working with the terminally ill.  She has written a book detailing her experiences called The Top Five Regrets of the Dying:  A Life Transformed By The Dearly Departing.  It caused me to meditate upon what one's regrets will possibly be when standing before the King of Glory.  I will list each of Bronnie's top five regrets and I will see if perhaps each regret might be a little different before the Throne of Glory.

Regret #1:  I wish I'd had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me.

Revised Regret #1:  I wish I'd had the courage to live my life true to the way the Lord had intended for me to live and that I hadn't spent so much time trying to please myself or others.

Regret #2:  I wish I'd hadn't worked so hard.

Revised Regret #2:  I wish I'd taken time to rest on the Lord's Sabbath as He commanded and that I had done all of the work I was expected to do for God's Kingdom.

Regret #3:  I wish I'd had the courage to express my feelings.

Revised Regret #3:  I wish I'd had the courage to speak God's words to others and to speak about God's wonderful way of salvation.

Regret #4:  I wish that I had stayed in touch with my friends.

Revised Regret #4:  I wish that I had remained in fellowship with the Lord.

Regret #5:  I wish that I had let myself be happier.

Revised Regret #5:  I wish that I'd followed God's ways which would have filled my heart with joy.

Of one thing I am certain, those who follow after Yeshua will have a lot fewer regrets than those who don't.  He is the Way, the Truth and the Life!  May His Name be praised forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment